The difference between sick and covid
Over the past week, I have been sick. Just plain old sick. People ask me whether I got covid, who I think I got sick from, and all around just pestering. However, my mom on the other hand took a different approach, at first when I told her I was sick, she told me to take an at-home covid test. So I took one and whaddya know, I was negative. So I was shuttled off to school once again. It took a fever and an ear infection for both her and me to realize I needed to get out of school and go see a doctor. Do you see the problem with this? The “Rona” has desensitized us so much to getting sick with anything other than a global-pandemic-causing virus for us to take care of ourselves. To be frank, I still treated it as nothing when I went to school on Friday, I still played in the marching band at that football game I should have skipped and stayed at home recuperating. I was not ready for that level of exertion and stress and strain that put on my neck. So what is the point of all this? Just a reminder to take care of ourselves. Yes, school and all of our extracurriculars are important, but we need to think about both our mental and physical health.
This has to pertain to one of the pieces we read this week in class.
ReplyDelete