Great Gatsby Fanfic

What would Gatsby's life be like if Gatsby had never met daisy? (From the perspective of Gatsby)


Soon after quitting my job as a measly janitor to pursue my dreams of wealth, I joined the military during the Great War. As a military officer, I traveled from town to town, and soon after, I was sent to fight in the war. However, even before that, I met Dan Cody and through my interactions with him, he took me under his wing to learn to acquire wealth. As a soldier, I fought well and was promoted to a major. As the war ended, I was left with an emptiness that nothing could fill. Even after swearing alcohol away, I turned to it as I fell deeper and deeper into despair. I was left scrounging and offering up every last penny I had just to have one more drink. After my booze ran out, I turned to drugs to relieve some of my stress. I wandered through New York until I eventually settled on the streets of the West Egg in New York. There, I heard about Nicolas Cabell and his extravagant parties. I once encountered him on the street. He smiled understandingly at me — much more than understandingly. It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life. He invited me to one of his parties with an "Oh, hello, old sport.”

Comments

  1. Interesting that this is a first person point of view of Gatsby himself. This really differs it from the novel already. Then with a new character that almost fills the role that the real Gatsby did in the book, interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The life of a schadenfreudist

Is text or images more effective in comics?

What makes a monument a monument?